Saturday 4 June 2011

My car's rear shock absorber leaked the oil. Do I have to change it ? What will happen if I don't?

My car%26#039;s rear shock absorber leaked the oil. Do I have to change the shock absorber ? What will happen if I don%26#039;t change it?|||Its not any danger situation by any means, however what happens is if the shock looses its oil then it allows the rear wheels to basically bounce down the road, although you may not feel anything over a period of time the rear tires will wear uneven.|||You have a bad shock absorber ideally you should replace both sides. If you don%26#039;t replace it you will have a car that bounces and doesn%26#039;t handle correctly also will cause more wear on the tires. A shock absorber is a relatively simple thing to replace much cheaper and easier than a strut.|||sure you have to change it but change both sides. if you let it go it will weaken the springs and there is more money for new springs.