Saturday 4 June 2011

My 2002 honda civic needs lower ball joint boots?

I went in to get an oil change %26amp; was told my front compliance bushings %26amp; lower ball joint boots need to be replaced.


Is this caused by needing new shock absorbers or a new spring %26amp; they are just trying to rip me off for something i dont need?|||You should have asked them to show you what was wrong. If the boots that retain the grease are damaged the joint will eventually fail from lack of lubrication. l would just have the ball joints replaced if that is the case since the labor cost should be the same.





Get under the front of the car and look at any and all rubber boots to see if they look damaged to you. If not get a second opinion. I have never had to replace shock absorbers on a Honda even when having 240,000 miles on the vehicle.