Saturday 4 June 2011

Car shocks, Absorbers?? Mechanic help?

I want to change out my shocks to make my car less bouncy because it%26#039;d 6 years old and the man working at the dealership said it would be smart to have a mechanic look at it, he told me i might not have to get the shocks change but maybe the absorber so come back tomorrow, I thought shocks and absorbers were both the same thing? Can someone please explain to me the difference?|||No there is only either shock absorbers or struts.





Shock absorbers have a joint on each end that a stud fits through to stop it.





Struts have a joint on one end that goes to the axle. On the other end there is a threaded bolt. If you have struts in the front there will be a plastic stru cover over the wheel wells.|||They are the same thing|||IMO it%26#039;s the same thing. They are fairly easy to change, if you want to give it a go





Hope this helps.|||They are. Ask him for a better explanation.





Also: state your YEAR MAKE and MODEL!!