Saturday 4 June 2011

Do tires effect shock absorbers in cars?

Ok so, my old honda crv needed new tires. It was running fine... I just took it in to get new tires and the oil changed. But then the mechanic called and said I needed new shock absorbers. I said I%26#039;d take care of it a different day, because I hadn%26#039;t even noticed the problem. However, since I got my car back with the new tires, it has been running horribly. The best way I can describe it is it feels like a school bus that bumps up and down with every singly tiny bump on the road.





What could be the cause of this?|||Well, the inverse is certainly true. Shock absorbers can effect tires. You will get some abnormal wear on your tires if you don%26#039;t replace your shocks. The tires won%26#039;t remain in constant contact with the road, which is bad of course, in terms of safety and tire wear.





If your shocks were fine before, maybe you have a sociopath mechanic who changed them out for some bad ones. Not likely...|||The mechanic was right. You need new shock absorbers.|||yeahh agree w/ first person