Thursday 15 September 2011

What is making this squeaking noise on my Ford Explorer?

I have a '97 For Explorer XLT V6. Whenever I go over bumps or turn the steering wheel I hear squeaking noises.



The bump squeaking is clearly something with the suspension. I've had one shock absorber replaced but still makes noise.



The squeaking I hear while turning is the same sound (or at least sounds the same) except its only when actually turning the wheel.



Anyone have any ideas about what is the likely culprit? Like I said, my mechanic changed 1 shock, but the sound persisted and I'm wondering whether they even bothered looking into the problem at all.
What is making this squeaking noise on my Ford Explorer?
most likely it is your joints in your a frames , there are no grease fittings in them , so after awhile the factory grease and teflon wear out and start to squeak. you can replace them ,but there not cheap
What is making this squeaking noise on my Ford Explorer?
you need lay under it ,while you have someone move/bounce the front of the car up and down. without the eng running. you should be able to hear where it is coming from. could be a dry or worn ball joint, or the bushings in the A frame. Dont go back to that mech.
have someone in car=start engine with hood open//put your hand on shock tower and turn wheel and see if you can get it//usually its the top of the shock/strut where there is a bearing type plate and they squeak
your brakes
  • Where can i get a cute new bed set
  • hair coloring
  •