Thursday 15 September 2011

$1,500 to fix 2002 Cadillac Escalade is this RIGHT?

Well I have an 2002 Cadillac escalade sport edition and the person the is going to fix my car told me the is going to charge me 1,500 dollars he is going to change the shock absorber, Gear box, pump and I think he told me booster auxiliar plus labor hand everybody told me the he is a good mechanic is he charging me too much? because i now another guy the told me the he charge me $800 dollars but he doesn't look trustful what should I do.
$1,500 to fix 2002 Cadillac Escalade is this RIGHT?
I don't know how much experience you have with the Cadillac brand. They are very expensive to maintain.



Your not real clear on what the mechanic is changing.

shock absorber - One, two, three or four?

Gear box - what are you talking about here? transmission, differential what?

pump - Water pump, Fuel Pump. What?

booster auxiliar - what the heck is this?



Try and find a price list for your parts and ask them how much they charge a hour for labor. Try and get at least three quotes for the work.



Update: The $1500 sounds about right for what you have listed. Front shocks are labor intensive also replacing the fuel pump require time.
$1,500 to fix 2002 Cadillac Escalade is this RIGHT?
stay away from the shady guy...........when you have a premium auto, expect to pay premium prices for repairs......
When you buy a vanity car, you have to pay the piper...If they have a state license, they should be ok. Many places charge $120 just to look at a car to see what is wrong. Any work on the car you have is going to be over priced.
That sounds about right. You bought a high end car, expect to pay high end prices for maintenance and repairs.