Thursday 15 September 2011

How bad can the stress be in a pregnant woman in order for the unborn baby to suffer?

I read that severe stress can affect the unborn baby, but how severe can the stress be? I've changed ever since I got pregnant. From the first trimester until now (23 weeks). I don't think I'm stressed out. I just get really emotional and moody. I either cry a lot or I just get a really short temper and get mad over the littlest things. I'm nice to everyone else but I treat my husband as the shock absorber.. People have been telling me it can greatly affect the baby. It's my first, so it's getting me all paranoid. I need advice from mothers and soon-to-be moms as well. Please help me..
How bad can the stress be in a pregnant woman in order for the unborn baby to suffer?
I heard stress was bad and can cause miscarrage in early pregnancy and can cause low bith weight and pre term labor. Also I heard that babys born to stressed out moms were collicy.



However,...



My sister-in-law lost her grandfather and her mother to cancer while she was pregnant she had to sell 3 houses and buy a new house and move all while trying to find another job and her husband worried about getting laid off. She was under alot of stress. Her baby is perfect, born at a good wieght on time and is a happy happy perfect little girl.



I say take care of your self cry when you need to but stress happens, pregnancy is a stressfull time. Try not to worry so much about baby just take are of yourself and your child will be fine. Good luck and congrats!




How bad can the stress be in a pregnant woman in order for the unborn baby to suffer?
if you are consistantly stressed out then yes it can affect the baby. but to me it sounds like you are going through the usual hormones pregnant women go through. If at all you are concerned about anything you need to talk to your dr.
With both my pregnancies I have had really stressful times, I can't vouch for this pregnancy but my 1st son, he is a happy intellegent little boy so I would not worry about that on tp of everything else. Just try %26amp; relax a bit more, spk to your doc about attending perinatal clinic 2!! x
I know people say that, but remember that you're feeling lousy because of the hormones which are actually there because of the pregnancy.



If you're feeling moody, do something you like. Read a book, do yoga, walk on the beach, fix up the babys room, take a bubble bath, breath deep and talk to your baby, you know he/she can hear your voice and feel your feelings. Pray and thank God. Enjoy the magic that is creating another life, it really is amazing, isn't it. Just take charge of making yourself feel better, I'm sure your husband would love to help out with this.
  • give them advice
  • do puppies have rabies
  •